ohwhatawalrusohwhatawalrus

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

You Are The Victim You Are The Victim

It's not well done, and I'm also very uncomfortable with the message this game is sending. The "I hate filthy greens" and that fact that it seems like if the camera pans over on you as you are getting attacked, you look like the victim even though you are committing assaults and murders left and right. Feel like you might be trying to make a statement that isn't at all accurate? I sincerely hope not, because I like having faith in humanity now and then.

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

Well in the game both the Green and the Blue are racist, which is (sadly) realistic in these types of conflicts.
I like having faith in humanity too, but sadly, nearly all of the mechanics are based on real events (watch my city of residence).
It's just a game about the more twisted aspects of humanity.

Theropods Theropods

Puzzles are intuitive, graphics are simple yet beautiful, music and voice acting is great, and it was entertaining!
Apart from the ending making me feel like a super terrible person, this is a great game!

Cube Escape: The Lake Cube Escape: The Lake

I have the settings on my browser set to ask me every single time any sites tries to store information on my computer. Including simple cookie sharing. When I was playing the game, it came up once asking to store information on my computer, which was fine, no biggie, I hit deny. It then proceeded to ask me over and over and over again, and pretty much made the game unplayable. Wish I could have, I liked the graphics. Perhaps it's a bug? I don't know, but it was super annoying.

You Shall Know The Truth You Shall Know The Truth

I feel like a lot of people are missing the point of this. Yes, it may seem "preachy." However it is by no means dull. While this is labelled as a game, I don't think it's intended to be crazy super fun. If you want that, go play pac man or something. The main purpose of this game seems to be about making a statement about things that are kept from people that some believe they often should know. I'd highly recommend taking the time to simply just read the bits of text that appear when searching an item and location to understand it a little better. Wikileaks is an issue that everyone should be aware of. Hell, I'm not an American and I'm aware of it because it effects me too.
That said, I liked this. I do wonder about the choice of the player being placed in the shoes of an fbi agent, and I wonder if another pov may have been more effective.

Hipster Detective Ep. 1 Hipster Detective Ep. 1

I didn't like this. There really was no point to it at all, and it really wasn't a game. While I understand that it is pixel art, it was really poorly done. Some of the objects, such as the fedora were really poorly represented. Also it should be noted that hipsters don't wear fedoras. They're lame, and only brony-atheists with neckbeards wear them.
There is no plot, barely any gameplay, the art could be a lot better, it's incredibly short, and honestly might as well be part of the spam collection.
Put a little work into something before you submit it please.

Clockalope responds:

Newgrounds Helpful Guide Newgrounds Helpful Guide

This was very informative, however I feel like it might have been helpful if we could see what the correct answers were, or "more correct" answers were since this is about learning how to be a better user on newgrounds.

Block the Pig Block the Pig

I am incredibly uncomfortable with the fact that this game was created by another user about 20 days before it was "created" by you. It's also available on the app store by someone who is not you. Seems fishy.

TreSensa responds:

Hi ohwhatawalrus, we are in agreement with Sun Temple to distribute their game, Block The Pig, as well as our other HTML5 games on Newgrounds. Thank you for your concern, though! We wouldn't want to see someone else's game published without permission, either.

Rob Ford's Career Rob Ford's Career

Ehhh.... I was hoping for something better, especially since I actually am from Toronto. Not only has Rob Ford most definitely had more than 10 scandals, (just check out some of the racist and backwards things he says, his drunk driving miming, or his blatant homophobia, the crack use is just the tip of the ice berg) but the gameplay was repetitive. There is no variation in the jumps, and the graphics are terrible. 0/5 dude

McTaku responds:

Yea I'm from toronto also and this project was a complete joke lol no intention of being good because it was a satire piece for my Grd 10 English class a while back. Just thought some people could get a kick out of it x3

You won't tell anyone? You won't tell anyone?

I'm not rating this game, because I don't know what to rate it. I don't think the subject matter you chose for this is appropriate for a one week project. First of all, this childhood trauma, is not a phobia. A phobia is an extreme or irrational fear of something. This is a game about someone who was abused as a child. Not wanting to be abused does not equate phobia.
I also am not sure about the kind of message you might send to survivors of this particular kind of abuse.
SPOILER ALERT
Your endings are either suicide, murder, and the final more positive one is touched on so briefly and done so in a manner that the abuser calls the protagonist out for 'running away.' So basically, if a survivor plays this 'game' you will be conveying that their only options after something incredibly horrible such as this happens to them, are to kill their abuser, kill themselves, or run away, which is portrayed to be almost cowardly in the game.
People who have gone through this sort of trauma often do consider suicide, and this game isn't helping stop that stigma. There's a whole culture surrounding this kind of trauma, and it's not a pleasant one.
I understand that there was a lack of development, but I think that there may have also been a lack of empathy, understanding, and a surplus of ignorance.
Perhaps if you somehow extended the slightly more positive ending, and maybe did a little research, it could be a little better, and less triggering.

Lots of people find this review helpful!

#Escape: The Waiting Room #Escape: The Waiting Room

I had a lot of fun with this one!
It seemed to be at the perfect level of difficulty, as I find that often times escape games are either way too easy, or are pretty much impossible. I also liked how the graphics remained consistent, and that there was actual logic going on to solve the game. There was no National Treasure with Nic Cage kind of logic going on, so it was great! One of the first good escape games I've played in quite a while to be frank! :)

Aprime responds:

Haha, thank you very much! :)
Glad you thought the graphics remained consistent. Haven't seen many games whereby they don't but it's nice to know :3

Thanks for the review! xD